Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shared Excitement, I Met Lisa Bearnson!

So the most amazing thing happened this past weekend and I just had to share. The Jillibean Soup team (Jill the Big Bean herself, Alecia/Sales & Marketing and Karen Nuce/Design Team member) and I headed to a charity event crop. The Power of Purple Crop, in Celina, Ohio- it was to benefit the Mercer County Domestic Violence shelter and services and we were teaching a card class for the event. We were all soooo excited to hear that Lisa Bearnson was going to be there and we couldn't wait to meet her. We arrived set up our booth and awaited Lisa's presentation, we were certainly not disappointed. I expected her to be very charismatic and outgoing, but I did not expect her presentation to move me to tears! She was amazingly sincere and so sweet- she reminded us of the importance of the little things in life and how we need to capture the everyday moments. She shared relationships she had made in Ohio and they were such touching stories. I was really pleasantly surprised by her down to earth attitude and the depth of her sincerity. As if that wasn't enough I entered the Power of Purple Layout Contest and won second place. Which meant that I got to have a private dinner with Lisa and two other ladies!!!! I was soooo excited- To top it all off she complimented me on two of my layouts!! I was blown away.


During Lisa's Presentation
Chiara (the crop organizer) and her sister sang the most beautiful song from "Wicked"

Students busy creating at our Jillibean Soup card class
Our private dinner with Lisa!
 We talked about our jobs and our families and we all got photos taken with her and even our layouts. It was also so refreshing to witness an individual who is so bold in her faith- she openly shared her religious beliefs.

Lisa and I

My winning layout

The Jillibean Soup Booth and our crazy crew!

 Needless to say, I was on cloud nine, and I'm still smiling every time the memory comes to mind. Such a unexpected treat and a magical day. Here are photos from the event, if you live anywhere near western Ohio you should definitely consider attending next year, it was tons of fun!

Here was this years link to register: http://scrapbookcrops.com/scrapbooking-events/scrapbook-crop-ohio-featuring-lisa-bearnson/1260 I'm sure they will be attempting to organize another next year. I would love to see you there to support a wonderful cause and have tons of fun!

1 comment:

  1. How cool!!!! CONGRATS on the winning lo and yayyyyyyyy for meeting Lisa! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete