Monday, October 7, 2013

Aspen's Journey to College

So after eighteen years of planning our daughter, Aspen finally headed off to college on Sept. 27th. As I expected it was a bittersweet day. So excited for her to be moving on to the next chapter of her life but so hard to get in my car that night and drive away. :( However, she is doing great she loves the school and has been making lots of new friends. We are so proud of her! I only have a few pictures to share, I didn't take my camera that day, because I didn't want to embarrass her.

In front of her apartment complex

Her side of the bedroom and her bed

Her desk area in her room


Aspen's Move in Day at College in front of her Apt. Her caption under this photo on facebook stated: Today was the day that my parents finally let me leave the nest. Moved into my new place. #college #finally :) 
 
For Aspen to get to go to college has been a dream of mine since the day she was born. I always encouraged, always prodded, always planted that seed of what could be if she just applied herself. And here we are, she did it, we did it and I am so grateful that God has blessed her with these amazing opportunities. Just keep your focus on the Lord Aspen and he will carry you through any storm this life brings along. If anyone should know that you should, our life has had many examples of enduring storms, may the sun continue to shine on you now baby girl.
Remember God is your Anchor
Hebrews 6:19 - "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain."

Always here for you,
XXOO
Mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment