Monday, July 25, 2011

The Color Room Challenge#68

So I got some time yesterday to create a layout to play along at the Color Room. They come up with the coolest color palettes and inspiration and so I felt, inspired. Here is the palette/inspiration sketch from "Her Room":


So here is my interpretation of it, I kept the sketch intact and added a lovely photo of my daughter and her bff. There's some fun masking, stamping and lots of layers! My favorite part is how the bottle caps combined with some vintage pearl buttons look like sweet little cupcakes!
Here are some close-ups:


Materials Used: Studio Calico/Elementary (base), SEI, Jillibean Soup/Kraft, My Minds Eye/Life Stories, Jillibean Soup/Corrugated Button Flowers (as masks), Making Memories/Animal Crackers velvet brads, Fiskars/effervescence & apron lace border punches, Flower  punch, E. Prima/pearls, Maya Rd./Maya mist-brown, pink ribbon, Scenic Route/gold letter stickers, vintage trim, vintage buttons, vintage bottle caps

This color combo makes me happy, makes me think of a bakery and pastries, lol. 
Let me know what you think of my latest. 
Have a great week!






2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I loveeeeee that photo and loving the misting! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning!! Those bottle cap cupcakes look edible:) Great LO xx

    ReplyDelete