Monday, October 4, 2010

The Color Room - Palette #26

Ok, so I fell in love with the newest color palette and sketch at the color room. Check it out here. Here is the sketch and palette below:

I knew I had to play along and my wonderful husband allowed me to create all day Saturday. I instantly pictured a layout for Aspen celebrating her 15th year. So I called it "Fab 15" and used patterns and a style that I thought Aspen would like. I was right she loves it, it is very much my core shabby chic style and I also love how it turned out.
Materials Used: Coredinations/Red cardstock base; Jillibean Soup/Clove of Fresh Garlic-Pasta Fagioli (red text paper); Pink Paislee/Love Potion-Cupid Collection (red flower & rosebuds); Pink Paislee/Front Porch-Bayberry Cottage (houndstooth); Daisy D's/Pintuck Antique Black (title black mat); Me & My Big Ideas/#5956 CC-170(black flourishes); Glitz Design/Digital CD Season 3-Hot Mama (Zebra & Earrings print); Fancy Pants/Silver Snow-Christmas Magic (gray pattern); Jillibean Soup/Herbed Houndstooth Alphabeans (Title stickers- Fab 15); American Crafts/White Roses & Netting; Queen & Company/White Pearls; Stickles/Red & White Glitter; Jillibean Soup/Red & Black Bean Stalks (black ribbon); White cardstock (journal tags); Computer font Journaling/Rockwell; Unknown/Black flower stamens; Fiskars/Scallop border punch (corners)

So using Aspen as inspiration really allowed for a fresh layout combination. I would have never thought to mix so many patterns otherwise. But I just love how it turned out, especially her beautiful smile. So let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment