Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Page Maps and the Pinewood Derby


So I just wanted to share with you a layout I did as a guest designer with Jillibean Soup for PageMaps. I am a huge fan of their sketches and I love a good double layout. This sketch was just perfect for my son’s first Pinewood Derby with his Cub Scouts group. He was so very excited on that day because he won his first trophy and got first place in his den, proud mama.

Here is the sketch:
















Here is my layout and some close-ups:














Note: I made the little cars out of paper and a new Jillibean product- wood cuts & adhesive sequins for the tires. I think they turned out really cute.

If you have never checked out the PageMaps blog, you should. She has monthly free sketch pages you can print at your convenience and tons of inspiration from her own design team and guest design teams using those sketches. So you get some great examples of how many different designers interpret the sketches in a variety of styles. Really fun stuff!


I am very excited to be headed to Novi , Michigan for Mega Meet this Friday for shopping and a class. I hope all of you enjoy National Scrapbook Day on Saturday! We hope to visit some local shops in Michigan that day. If you are home on Saturday you should get online and check out all of the NSD celebrations with online crops, challenges and prizes here are just a few good ones: Scrapbook.com, Scrapbook & Cards Today & Scrapbook Generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment